Communities & Programs
At Empower Autism, we’re passionate about supporting the autistic community. We are strong advocates of the benefits of peer-led support and we firmly believe that autistic people need to be involved in the design and delivery of programs and services for other autistic people.
As a relatively small, but growing, organisation, we are focussed on providing programs and creating communities where we see the greatest need. Many of our programs are therefore aimed at autistic people aged 14 years and over. Currently, our programs and services include:
- Peer Support Groups
- emPOWER UP Skill Programs
- Information, Support & Referral Services
- Peer Mentoring
- Empowering Abilities
- Empowered Pathways
We’re particularly proud, and passionate, about having autistic people involved in every aspect of our programs. The tagline of our brand is ‘enabling positive social change for and with autistic people.’ To us these are not just words; they are words we live by at Empower Autism!
Autistic people are involved at every level of Empower Autism – as employees, volunteers, consultants, Board directors, and Program Reference Group members. Their input is invaluable in:
- The design and delivery of our life skills and peer mentoring programs
- The coordination and facilitation of our peer support groups
- The oversight of all our program design and development (Program Reference Group)